Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Converting systems/genres

Because I'm pulling my news stories from today's news, the setting is in the modern day. But that shouldn't limit YOU from using these concepts in ANY campaign setting. I'll attempt to add information on how to integrate these ideas into traditional fantasy campaigns. There are other genres that need very little translation such as 1920s Call of Cthulhu, World of Darkness, and Sci Fi games, etc. that only need changes in trappings/world details to make these work.

For any of those types of game simple drop these scenarios into their game city, customize names and appearances to the locale- make buildings and personnel conform to the appearance of the game world (1920s, Modern World tinged with despair or shiney future versions, etc.).

Fantasy versions only need a little more work to translate modern institutions into the conceits of the campaign world.

IN any case, I'll try to add conversion notes as we move forward. IF there's a particular genre you're interested in that I'm missing, let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do!

No comments: